Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:45 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to do a review of this patch, but I'm a bit confused about
> which patch(es) to review. There's the v5 patch, and then these two
> patches - which seem to be somewhat duplicate, though.
>
> Can anyone explain what's the "current" patch version, or perhaps tell
> me which of the patches to combine?

I think v5 won't work atop a common grammar patch. There need some
adjustments in v5. I think it would be good if we can first get the
common grammar patch reviewed/committed and then build this on top of
it. The common grammar and the corresponding implementation are being
accomplished in the Schema support patch, the latest version of which
is at [1]. Now, Vignesh seems to have extracted just the grammar
portion of that work in his patch
Generic_object_type_parser_002_table_schema_publication [2] (there are
some changes after that but not anything fundamentally different till
now) then he seems to have prepared a patch
(Generic_object_type_parser_001_table_publication [2]) on similar
lines only for tables.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS3PR01MB571844A87B6A83B7C10F9D6B94A39%40OS3PR01MB5718.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm1YoxJCs%3DuiyPM%3DtFDDc2qn0ja01nb2TCPqrjZH2jR0sQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Atomic rename feature for Windows.