Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 7:24 PM Jelte Fennema <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 14:47, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for the patch! I think we might want to have tests for it.
>
> Yes, code looks good. But indeed some tests would be great. It seems
> we forgot to actually do:

Agreed with you and Sawada-San about having a test. BTW, shall we
slightly tweak the documentation [1]: "The subscription apply process
will, at a session level, run with the privileges of the subscription
owner. However, when performing an insert, update, delete, or truncate
operation on a particular table, it will switch roles to the table
owner and perform the operation with the table owner's privileges." to
be bit more specific about initial sync process as well?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/logical-replication-security.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation