Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 5:16 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I wonder if there's a way to free the TOASTed data earlier, instead of
> waiting until the end of the transaction (as this patch does).

IIUC we are anyway freeing the toasted data at the next
insert/update/delete. We can try to free at other change message types
like REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_MESSAGE but as you said that may make the
patch more complex, so it seems better to do the fix on the lines of
what is proposed in the patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS
От: Amit Kapila