Re: Compress ReorderBuffer spill files using LZ4

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Compress ReorderBuffer spill files using LZ4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 2:08 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the compression option should be supported at the CREATE
> SUBSCRIPTION level instead of being controlled by a GUC. This way, we
> can decide on compression for each subscription individually rather
> than applying it to all subscribers. It makes more sense for the
> subscriber to control this, especially when we are planning to
> compress the data sent downstream.

Yes, that makes sense. However, we then need to provide this option
via SQL APIs as well for other plugins.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Compress ReorderBuffer spill files using LZ4
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: Reordering DISTINCT keys to match input path's pathkeys