Re: Explain [Analyze] produces parallel scan for select Into table statements.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Explain [Analyze] produces parallel scan for select Into table statements.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >With force_parallel_mode=on, I could see many other failures as well.  I think it is better to have test, which tests this functionality with >force_parallel_mode=regress
>
> as per user manual.
> Setting this value to regress has all of the same effects as setting it to on plus some additional effect that are intended to facilitate automated
> regression testing.

Yes, that is the only reason I mentioned that it better to have a test which can be checked in automated way and I understand that the way you have written test using Explain won't work in automated way, so not sure if it is good idea to add such a test.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Matt Kelly
Сообщение: Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool)
От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way around function search_path killing SQL function inlining? - and backup / restore issue