Re: Parallel Seq Scan

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Дата
Re: Parallel Seq Scan  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the patches have to be applied in below sequence:
> HEAD Commit-id : 8d1f2390
> parallel-mode-v8.1.patch [2]
> assess-parallel-safety-v4.patch [1]
> parallel-heap-scan.patch [3]
> parallel_seqscan_v11.patch (Attached with this mail)
>
> The reason for not using the latest commit in HEAD is that latest
> version of assess-parallel-safety patch was not getting applied,
> so I generated the patch at commit-id where I could apply that
> patch successfully.
>
>  [1] - http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmobJSuefiPOk6+i9WERUgeAB3ggJv7JxLX+r6S5SYydBRQ@mail.gmail.com
>  [2] - http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZJjzYnpXChL3gr7NwRUzkAzPMPVKAtDt5sHvC5Cd7RKw@mail.gmail.com
>  [3] - http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoYJETgeAXUsZROnA7BdtWzPtqExPJNTV1GKcaVMgSdhug@mail.gmail.com

Fixed the reported issue on assess-parallel-safety thread and another
bug caught while testing joins and integrated with latest version of
parallel-mode patch (parallel-mode-v9 patch).

Apart from that I have moved the Initialization of dsm segement from
InitNode phase to ExecFunnel() (on first execution) as per suggestion
from Robert.  The main idea is that as it creates large shared memory
segment, so do the work when it is really required.

HEAD Commit-Id: 11226e38
parallel-mode-v9.patch [2]
assess-parallel-safety-v4.patch [1]
parallel-heap-scan.patch [3]
parallel_seqscan_v12.patch (Attached with this mail)

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Rajeev rastogi
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Seq Scan
От: Shigeru HANADA
Сообщение: Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)