Re: Toasted column values during replication. (Enhancement)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Toasted column values during replication. (Enhancement)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 10:40 PM Chandy G <vgchandru@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   We are running into the postgres toasted values showing up in replication slots. We are using debezium and have
gonethrough the following

> 1. Various options for handling toasted values during replication at the application level.
> 2. Postgres option to turn on replica identitiy to full.
>
> While these are solutions to the problem, each of them comes with their own downside of
>  (a) custom implementation needed for each consumer.
>  (b) replica identity to full - wal log file size increase.  worst case: all tables have columns have toastable
columns.

Which operation are you referring here (insert/update/delete)? It
seems for changed toasted values, we already construct a tuple by
retrieving toast chunks. Are you referring to unchanged toasted
values?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18013: Failed installing
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Backend handling replication slot stuck using 100% cpu, unkillable