Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 10:52 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Upgrading 2 node circular logical replication cluster:
> 1) Let's say we have a circular logical replication setup Node1->Node2
> & Node2->Node1. Here Node2 is subscribing to Node1 and Node1 is
> subscribing to Node2.
> 2) Stop the server in Node1.
> 3) Disable the subscriptions in Node2.
> 4) Upgrade the node Node1 to Node1_new.
> 5) Start the node Node1_new.
> 6) Enable the subscriptions in Node1_new.
> 7) Wait till all the incremental changes are synchronized.
> 8) Alter the subscription connections in Node2 to point from Node1 to Node1_new.
> 9) Create any tables that were created in Node2 between step-2 and now
> and Refresh the publications.

I haven't reviewed all the steps yet but here steps 7 and 9 seem to
require some validation. How can incremental changes be synchronized
till all the new tables are created and synced before step 7?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: A recent message added to pg_upgade
От: torikoshia
Сообщение: Re: pg_rewind WAL segments deletion pitfall