Re: Initial Schema Sync for Logical Replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Initial Schema Sync for Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 10:27 PM Kumar, Sachin <ssetiya@amazon.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a couple of questions.
> >
> > Q1.
> >
> > What happens if the subscriber already has some tables present? For
> > example, I did not see the post saying anything like "Only if the table does
> > not already exist then it will be created".
> >
> My assumption was the if subscriber is doing initial schema sync , It does not have
> any conflicting database objects.

Can't we simply error out in such a case with "obj already exists"?
This would be similar to how we deal with conflicting rows with
unique/primary keys.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages