Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 10:07 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2023-06-23 14:04:15 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > OTOH, if the above theory is wrong or people are not convinced, I am
> > okay with removing all the changes in commits 72e78d831a and
> > 3ba59ccc89.
>
> I am not convinced. And even if I were, coming up with new justifications in a
> released version, when the existing testing clearly wasn't enough to find the
> current bug, doesn't strike me as wise.

Fair enough. If we could have been convinced of this then we can keep
the required change only for HEAD. But anyway let's remove the work
related to both commits (72e78d831a and 3ba59ccc89) for now and then
we can come back to it when we parallelize writes. The attached patch
removes the changes added by both commits with slight tweaking in
comments/readme based on the recent state.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Kirk Wolak
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Adding \history [options] [filename] to psql (Snippets and Shared Queries)
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Speeding Up Bitmapset