Re: [HACKERS] Improve catcache/syscache performance.

От amul sul
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Improve catcache/syscache performance.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Patch 0007:

1:
400 +       /*
401 +        * XXX: might be worthwhile to only handle oid sysattr, to reduce
402 +        * overhead - it's the most common key.
403 +        */

IMHO, let fix that as well. I tested this by fixing (see the attach patch) but does
not found much gain on my local centos vm (of course, the pgbench load
wasn't big enough).

2:  How about have wrapping following condition in SearchCatCacheMiss() by unlikely():

if (IsBootstrapProcessingMode())
            return NULL;

3: Can we have following assert in SearchCatCacheN() instead SearchSysCacheN(), so that we'll assert direct SearchCatCacheN() call as well?

Assert(SysCache[cacheId]->cc_nkeys == <N>);

Other than these concern, patch looks pretty reasonable to me.

Regards,
Amul

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables
От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] psql - add ability to test whether a variable exists