Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Attached is v14 which adds back in tests for the BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT
option. I haven't included a test for VACUUM (BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT x,
PARALLEL x) for the reason I mentioned upthread -- even if we force it
to actually do the parallel vacuuming, we are adding exercising the code
where parallel vacuum workers make their own buffer access strategy
rings but not really adding a test that will fail usefully. If something
is wrong with the configurability of the buffer access strategy object,
I don't see how it will break differently in parallel vacuum workers vs
regular vacuum.

- Melanie

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: failure in 019_replslot_limit