Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 5:45 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 6 Apr 2023, at 23:06, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Autovacuum workers, at the end of VacuumUpdateCosts(), check if cost
> > limit or cost delay have been changed. If they have, they assert that
> > they don't already hold the AutovacuumLock, take it in shared mode, and
> > do the logging.
>
> Another idea would be to copy the values to local temp variables while holding
> the lock, and release the lock before calling elog() to avoid holding the lock
> over potential IO.

Good idea. I've done this in attached v19.
Also I looked through the docs and everything still looks correct for
balancing algo.

- Melanie

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again