Re: Create XML elements from rows

От Thangalin
Тема Re: Create XML elements from rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Here is a partial solution to the problem I encountered (the full solution uses a UNION ALL and the same statement four times):

SELECT
  xmlelement( name "bakeware",
    xmlconcat(
      array_to_string( array_agg(
        xmlelement( name "object",
          xmlattributes( e.abridge AS "alias" ),
          e.name
        )
      ), '')::xml
    )
  )
FROM
  recipe.equipment_group eg,
  recipe.equipment e
WHERE
  eg.label='bakeware' AND
  eg.id = e.equipment_group_id

When all four instances are in place (bakeware, cookware, kitchenware, utensils), this produces the following XML code:

<cookware/>
<utensils/>

A simpler approach would require the following code to work:

Unfortunately, the XML parser does not recognize that that series of concatenations is well-formed XML.

Is there another approach that I am missing?

Thank you!

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: psql error: psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQconnectdbParams
От: hosuresh
Сообщение: Re: psql error: psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQconnectdbParams