Re: Server/Data Migration Advice

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Re: Server/Data Migration Advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> You know the fine manual covers this?:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/app-pgdump.html

I've honestly skimmed the manual and it's very easy to use and good
but it covers so many aspects and sometimes I need a specific answer
for my situation.

> In the case above you seemed to have used the plain text format, in the future
> should you use a non text format the restore process is here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

Are you saying I dumped the database in a text formal or I'm restoring
the database infile in plain text? I'll read that 2nd URL link you
posted. What are the issues with using pg_dump to dump and then 'psql
some_db < pg_dump.sql'? I show the manual explains how to perform this
action and what the system is doing but doesn't explain why this is an
issue or why you recommended to use pg_restore instead?

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: question about \encoding option of psql
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: Correct syntax to create partial index on a boolean column