Re: Blocking access by remote users for a specific time period

От Joseph Kregloh
Тема Re: Blocking access by remote users for a specific time period
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The way I would do it is to setup pgBouncer and control the user access from there. Not to mention the connection pooling gains you would get from pgBouncer itself. The simples way is to setup all of the users to connect through pgBouncer, then the admin users connect to the Postgresql port directly. That way when the exclusion time comes all you have to do is turn off pgBouncer and they wouldn't be able to login.

-Joseph

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com> wrote:
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to set the database logins for those user accounts to zero allowed connections, then terminate their existing sessions, rather than mess with pg_hba.conf?

You could schedule a cron job to run a query to make the change to the user, then later the same to undo the change.

Scot Kreienkamp

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Problem with constraint exclusion on partitions
От: Andomar
Сообщение: Monitoring query plan cache