Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 3:35 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> If we deem this to be a bugfix then we should backpatch the solution from HEAD
> imho.  So far there are mainly voices for considering it a bugfix, but given
> where we are in the cycle I the RMT has the final say on that.

(Was there an RMT decision?)

My two cents: backpatching an exception for .DS_Store seems good, but
creating an exclusion for all hidden files feels like a surprising
change for stable branches. If your postgresql.conf has something like

    include '.my.conf'

then a basebackup of that setup seems to work okay today.

--Jacob

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18016: REINDEX TABLE failure
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files