Re: RFC: logical publication via inheritance root?

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: RFC: logical publication via inheritance root?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 3:28 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:39 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
> > Making it a subscriber-side feature
> > requires tight coupling between the two peers, though. (For the
> > timescaledb case, how does the subscriber know which new partitions
> > belong to which root?
>
> Yeah, the subscriber can't figure that out automatically. Users need
> to provide the mapping manually.

Right. For that reason, I think subscriber-side mappings probably
won't help this particular use case. This patchset is pushing more in
the direction of publisher-side mappings.

Thanks,
--Jacob

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: EBCDIC sorting as a use case for ICU rules
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX