Help to design relations between some 5 tables with possible many-to-many relations

От JORGE MALDONADO
Тема Help to design relations between some 5 tables with possible many-to-many relations
Дата
Re: Help to design relations between some 5 tables with possible many-to-many relations
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have the following tables: reports, standards, elements, tables, items.
* One report has many standards.
* One standard has many elements.
* One element has many tables.
* One table has many items.

Reports are generated yearly and current year might have exactly the same standards as last year but not necessarily. Maybe, the current year report includes part of last year's report standards and also includes new standards. Or maybe, the current year report includes only a subset of last year reports standards. Or maybe, the current report has a totally new set of standards.The same behavior is true between standards and elements, between elements and tables and between tables and items. I see that many-to-many relations exist between all of the tables but I am not able to clearly visualize.

I am a bit confused about how to design this part of my DB. I hope my explanation is clear enough. I will very much appreciate your feedback.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Erik Brandsberg
Сообщение: Re: Listen and notify in psql process
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Help to design relations between some 5 tables with possible many-to-many relations