Re: pg_dump: schema with OID XXXXX does not exist - was Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: pg_dump: schema with OID XXXXX does not exist - was Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers
Дата
Ответ на pg_dump: schema with OID XXXXX does not exist - was Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers  (Nikhil Sontakke <nikkhils@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Re: pg_dump: schema with OID XXXXX does not exist - was Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Nikhil Sontakke <nikkhils@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> But if it's deemed to be a
>> problem, I want to see a solution that's actually watertight.)
>>

> After Daniel's hunch about pg_dump barfing due to such leftover entries
> proving out to be true, we have one credible explanation (there might be
> other reasons too) for this long standing issue. I see some reports from as
> early as 2004 and some as latest as Feb, 2011!

The 2004 report was in version 7.3, released in 2002.  So it's Very
Nearly a ten year old bug, and may very well go back further back in
time.

--
fdr

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Multiple Extensions
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: why do we need two snapshots per query?