Re: Quoting issue from ODBC

От Brad White
Тема Re: Quoting issue from ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
 Front end: Access 365
Back end: Postgres 9.4
(I know, we are in the process of upgrading)
ODBC Driver: PostgreSQL Unicode v13.02, PSQLODBC35W, 9/22/2021

I'm getting some cases where the SQL sent from MS-Access is failing.
Looking at the postgres log shows that the field names and table names are not being quoted properly.
Only on UPDATE statements.
It has been my experience that Access usually does a better job at converting the queries than I would have expected, but not in this instance.

For example

Access: connection.Execute "UPDATE [" & strTable & "] SET [" & strTable & "].[InsertFlag] = Null" _
    & " WHERE ((([" & strTable & "].[InsertFlag])=" & lngCurrUID & "));", , adCmdText Or adExecuteNoRecords
Note that InsertFlag is bracketed the same way in both instances.

PSQL log: UPDATE "public"."Orders" SET InsertFlag=NULL  WHERE ("InsertFlag" = 166 )
Note that InsertFlag is quoted once but not the other time.
Of course this gives the error: column "insertflag" of relation "Orders" does not exist at character 35.

Looks like I have about 16 unique instances of statements not being quoted correctly resulting in over 500 errors in the log for today.

This is not a new issue. The logs have these errors stretching back months.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,
Brad.

От: Brad White
Сообщение: Fwd: Quoting issue from ODBC
От: Kevin Verfaille
Сообщение: ODBC-parameter of type BIGINT doesn't seem to casted by the driver