Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey Alexander,

2011/11/24 Alexander Shulgin <ash@commandprompt.com>

Excerpts from Florian Weimer's message of Wed Nov 23 13:04:47 +0200 2011:

> * Alexander Shulgin:
>
> > This, in my opinion, is very similar to what we would like to achieve with the URI syntax, so the above could also be specified using a URI parameter like this:
> >
> >   psql -d postgresql://example.net:5433/mydb
>
> How would you specifiy a local port/UNIX domain socket?

Missed that in my previous reply.

If host part of the URI points to localhost, the UNIX domain socket would be considered by libpq just as if you would pass "-h localhost -p 5433".
But what if the user wants to connect exactly via socket or
TCP/IP ?
And what if the user needs to specify a socket file name extension?

--
// Dmitriy.

От: Alexander Shulgin
Сообщение: Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
От: Alexander Shulgin
Сообщение: Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq