Re: pgsql: Add VACUUM/ANALYZE BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pgsql: Add VACUUM/ANALYZE BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 at 13:23, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> This commit added the following error message.
>
> >                errmsg("value: \"%s\": is invalid for buffer_usage_limit",
>
> It looks as the follows on terminal.
>
> postgres=# vacuum (buffer_usage_limit 'x');
> ERROR:  value: "x": is invalid for buffer_usage_limit
>
> I'm not sure why the message has two colons.  [1] talks about the
> message but doesn't really explain the reason for this.

Probably we can use what a GUC like work_mem does for this case:

postgres=# set work_mem = 'x';
ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "work_mem": "x"

with the attached, what you tried becomes:

postgres=# vacuum (buffer_usage_limit 'x');
ERROR:  invalid value for "buffer_usage_limit": "x"

How's that?

David

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add VACUUM/ANALYZE BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add VACUUM/ANALYZE BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option