Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 at 19:30, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Good call. Added and pushed.

I understand you're already aware of the reference in the comment to
heapgetpage(), which no longer exists as of 44086b097.

Melanie and I had discussed the heap_prepare_pagescan() name while I
was reviewing that recent refactor. Aside from fixing the comment, how
about also renaming heapgetpage_collect() to
heap_prepare_pagescan_tuples()?

Patch attached for reference. Not looking for any credit.

I'm also happy to revisit the heap_prepare_pagescan() name and call
heapgetpage_collect() some appropriate derivative of whatever we'd
rename that to.

Copied Melanie as she may want to chime in too.

David

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Improve heapgetpage() performance, overhead from serializable