Re: pgsql: Fix list_copy_head() with empty Lists

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix list_copy_head() with empty Lists
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 01:28, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I see that list_copy_head exists in v15 as well.  It appears to have
> no callers there, but we'd better fix it anyway in case somebody
> back-patches a fix that uses it.

Doh :-(   Thanks for alerting me.  I've just applied the patch to REL_15_STABLE.

I kept the same commit message as master, which I think was the
correct thing to do, despite it containing information that wasn't
true.  I know the script used to assist release note creation goes on
commit messages to determine which commits went into which branches.

> Or, maybe, remove it in 15?

I chickened out of that as it does not seem impossible that someone is
making use of it.  It seems lightweight enough not to have to worry
too much about keeping it around.

David

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix list_copy_head() with empty Lists
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Use --strip-unneeded when stripping static libraries with GNU st