Re: BUG #17540: Prepared statement: PG switches to a generic query plan which is consistently much slower

От David Rowley
Тема Re: BUG #17540: Prepared statement: PG switches to a generic query plan which is consistently much slower
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 at 19:03, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is what I have in mind.  The patch extends the logic from two
> points.
>
> * it also checks OR clauses to see if it is always true.
>
> * it also checks for join clauses by additionally testing if the nulling
> bitmap is empty.

Do you mind writing some regression tests for this?

I don't really see an existing test file that would suit, maybe it's
worth adding something like predicate.sql

David

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17540: Prepared statement: PG switches to a generic query plan which is consistently much slower