Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 26 Apr 2023, 8:48 pm Masahiko Sawada, <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
I realized that the value of vacuum_buffer_usage_limit parameter in
postgresql.conf.sample doesn't have the unit:

#vacuum_buffer_usage_limit = 256 # size of vacuum and analyze buffer
access strategy ring.
                                 # 0 to disable vacuum buffer access strategy
                                 # range 128kB to 16GB

It works but I think we might want to add the unit kB for
understandability and consistency with other GUC_UNIT_KB parameters.
I've attached a small patch that adds the unit and aligns the indent
of the comments to the perimeter parameters.

I'm not currently able to check, but if work_mem has a unit in the sample conf then I agree that vacuum_buffer_usage_limit should too.

I'm fine for you to go ahead and adjust this, otherwise it'll be Monday before I can.

David

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
От: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Support logical replication of DDLs