Print physical file path when checksum check fails

От Hubert Zhang
Тема Print physical file path when checksum check fails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hacker,

Currently we only print block number and relation path when checksum check fails. See example below:

ERROR: invalid page in block 333571 of relation base/65959/656195

DBA complains that she needs additional work to calculate which physical file is broken, since one physical file can only contain `RELSEG_SIZE` number of blocks. For large tables, we need to use many physical files with additional suffix, e.g. 656195.1, 656195.2 ...

Is that a good idea to also print the physical file path in error message? Like below:

ERROR: invalid page in block 333571 of relation base/65959/656195, file path base/65959/656195.2

Patch is attached.
--
Thanks

Hubert Zhang

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions