Re: [HACKERS] Generate wait event list and docs from text file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Generate wait event list and docs from text file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Schneider <schneider@ardentperf.com> wrote:
> Seems an apt occasion to point out that 10rc1 is missing documentation
> for a couple events.

Meh. Thanks for pointing this out. One more.

> From src/backend/storage/lmgr/lwlocknames.txt: CLogTruncationLock was
> added to the
> docs but BackendRandomLock and LogicalRepWorkerLock are missing. (Maybe there's
> a reason for this... I just checked the diffs from 9.6 to 10 then
> checked the docs for
> completeness.)

Indeed, I can see as well that those are the three new ones between
9.6 and 10. Attached is a patch to correct the documentation, I am
adding an open item so as this does not fall into oblivion.

>> Using this set of meta-data, it is possible to generate the SGMO
>> tables and the set of include tables.
>
> The lock-related events might present a challenge here since they come
> from a different
> place.  In particular, there is no single location to find the
> descriptions of tranche locks - you
> have to search through the source code and find the
> LWLockRegisterTranche() call to see
> what text it used for the lock name!  (Consolidating that seems like a
> great candidate for a
> patch...)

Perhaps... I did not dig much into the details of this area. I don't
recall that it was particularly challenging either to get a base
generation in place.
--
Michael

От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Assertion failure when the non-exclusive pg_stop_backup aborted.