Re: [HACKERS] Broken hint bits (freeze)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Broken hint bits (freeze)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think this is quite suspicious.  This seems to indicate that
> not all WAL records are replicated before the switchover.  What is the
> value of "synchronous_commit" you are using?  I think you somehow need
> to ensure before switchover that all the WAL is replicated to ensure
> this is not a setup problem.

It is so easy to corrupt a server because of an incorrect base backup
flow or an incorrect switchover that it would be good first to
understand how you are doing your switchover. Any corruption happening
after a promotion, a failover or a switchover may be the top of the
iceberg of what's on the data pages, and you may just see one symptom
among other problems. Particularly, did you kill the master in any
violent way after promoting the standby? Has the former master been
able to perform at least once a clean shutdown checkpoint and has it
been rewound?
--
Michael

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Renaming a table to an array's autogenerated name
От: Vladimir Borodin
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Broken hint bits (freeze)