Re: PG replication across DataCenters

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure i understand the difference between async and sync replication
> and on what scenarios i should use async or sync replication. Does it mean
> if it is within same DC then sync replication is the best and if it is
> across DC replication async is better than sync. Please help me understand.
In the case of synchronous replication, master node waits for the
confirmation that a given transaction has committed on slave side
before committing itself. This wait period can cause some delay, hence
it is preferable to use sync replication with nodes that far from each
other.
--
Michael

От: "Janek Sendrowski"
Сообщение: include all the postgres libraries (C)
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: PG replication across DataCenters