Re: logical decoding - GetOldestXmin

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: logical decoding - GetOldestXmin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> It moves a computation of the sort of:
>
> result -= vacuum_defer_cleanup_age;
> if (!TransactionIdIsNormal(result))
>    result = FirstNormalTransactionId;
>
> inside ProcArrayLock. But I can't really imagine that to be relevant...

I can.  Go look at some of the 9.2 optimizations around
GetSnapshotData().  Those made a BIG difference under heavy
concurrency and they were definitely micro-optimization.  For example,
the introduction of NormalTransactionIdPrecedes() was shockingly
effective.

The two commits coming to my mind are:
- ed0b409 (Separate PGPROC into PGPROC and PGXACT)
- 0d76b60 (introduction of NormalTransactionIdPrecedes)
Those ones really improved concurrency performance.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: Multiple --table options for other commands
От: 李海龙
Сообщение: Re: I s this a bug of spgist index in a heavy write condition?