Re: Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.
Дата
Re: Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, isn't it better to compare the performance of some algorithms and
> confirm which is the best for quorum commit? Since this code is hot, i.e.,
> can be very frequently executed, I'd like to avoid waste of cycle as much
> as possible.

It seems to me that it would be simple enough to write a script to do
that to avoid any other noise: allocate an array with N random
elements, and fetch the M-th element from it after applying a sort
method. I highly doubt that you'd see much difference with a low
number of elements, now if you scale at a thousand standbys in a
quorum set you may surely see something :*)
Anybody willing to try out?
--
Michael

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take