Re: pg recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Jayadevan M
<jayadevan.maymala@ibsplc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>><jayadevan.maymala@ibsplc.com> wrote:
>>> I have postgresql streaming replication set up. I forgot to add an
>>> entry for trigger_file in recovery.conf. So I added that entry and did
>>> a pg_ctl reload.
>>Recovery parameters are not GUC parameters, so doing a parameter reload
>>has no effect. Also, such parameters cannot be changed once recovery has
>>begun.
> Recovery has not begun. Without the change, the recovery will not start. So, do I have to do a reload, or restart,
forthe parameter to take effect? The situation is  - master is up and running, slave is up and running. I made a change
torecovery.conf. How can I make slave 'accept' that change?
I think that you are mixing things here. recovery.conf is read once at
server start up and its presence puts the server in archive recovery.
Check the output of "SELECT pg_is_in_recovery()" and you will see that
its output is true, meaning that the node is in recovery. On the other
hand, trigger_file is used for a node promotion, making the node exit
the archive recovery mode and turn it into a master node. So to make
the new parameter have effect restart the server.
--
Michael

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: function query error: column does not exist
От: Jayadevan M
Сообщение: Re: pg recovery