Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Yury Zhuravlev
<u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ick.  Even if that works today, it seems absolutely guaranteed to fail
>> in future, as soon as Microsoft either puts back the visible declaration
>> or changes the struct contents.  If they've made a conscious decision
>> to not export the struct anymore, it's likely because they intend to
>> change it ... so I'd put the half-life of this "fix" at no more than one
>> Visual Studio release.
>
> Yes. You right. But at the moment, it's better than nothing. In addition, we
> can then do something like this:
> #if _MSC_VER >= 1800 && _MSC_VER < 1820
>
> after MS push fix.

Urg. That's just ugly.

>> Hopefully, if they removed the visible declaration intentionally, they
>> provided some other way to get at those locale names.  That's what we
>> need to be looking for, not hoping that direct access to undocumented
>> structures will continue to work.
>
> It's more like a simple bug after refactoring. But I will try find another
> way. (I don't like undocumented structures)

How long do you think it would take for MS 1820 to be fixed and out? I
wouldn't personally mind telling to people trying to compile with 1800
that we cannot support it because it is buggy. That's one less wart to
have forever in the code.
--
Michael

От: Jason Dusek
Сообщение: Re: HeapTuple to JSON -- composite_to_json()?
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: long transfer time for binary data