Remove Cluster forcefully during the check_upgrade failure

От Zaid Shabbir
Тема Remove Cluster forcefully during the check_upgrade failure
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hello,

I have installed PostgreSQL 15 and PostgreSQL 14 side by side and want to upgrade from 14 to 15. For upgrading purposes, I am using {postgresql-15-setup check_upgrade}. However, in my case, the installed 14 version is not compatible with the latest 15.7.

After the installation and cluster initialization of PostgreSQL 14 and 15, when I run the following command {postgresql-15-setup check_upgrade}, it returns the following message:

"Performing upgrade check: Upgrade failed. Removing the new cluster. Please re-initdb the new cluster. failed "

After the failure the postgresql15 cluster removed forcefully due to the following code written in postgresql-15-setup script file

{
if [ $script_result -eq 0 ]; then
        echo $"OK"
    else
        # Clean up after failure
        echo "Upgrade failed. Removing the new cluster. Please re-initdb the new cluster."
        rm -rf "$PGDATA"
        echo $"failed"
fi
}

My concern here is whether forcefully deleting the user cluster without obtaining permission from the user is the right approach.

Regards,
Zaid Shabbir
AGEDB

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: Missing signature on pgmodeler package
Сообщение: no /repodata/repomd.xml