Re: BUG #18333: Postgres is crashing if we have special character in the query

От Sujeet Swaminath
Тема Re: BUG #18333: Postgres is crashing if we have special character in the query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Michael,

Using the latest PostgreSQL 14 release version (14.11), I was able to reproduce this issue by executing the provided query, resulting in a crash. Attached are the crash dump and a sample database in tar format.

below is the login and the schema details that I have used,
create role badsql login password 'test123' createdb valid until 'infinity';
create database "TEST" with encoding='UTF8' connection limit=-1;
\c TEST
create schema badsql authorization badsql;
grant all on schema badsql to badsql;
alter user badsql set search_path = badsql;
alter user badsql with superuser;

and to crash the postgres, you can use the below query.

SELECT DISTINCT htest.test_code,htest.new_nr FROM htest LEFT OUTER JOIN ktest on htest.new_nr = ktest.test_nr and htest.test_ek%2=ktest.test_ek;

Note: soon after importing the DB it will not crash, you have to exit the psql session and start a new session, then within 5-10 execution of this query it should crash.

Thanks,
Sujeet

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 5:32 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 10:30:33AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I have installed Postgres-14.10 and when executing the below query, the
> postgres crashes. but the same query work well with PostgreSQL-14-9.
> I have a crash dump, but not sure, how can I attach it here.
>
> 2024-02-05 06:08:53.936 GMT [1680576] LOG:  server process (PID 2627861) was
> terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
> 2024-02-05 06:08:53.936 GMT [1680576] DETAIL:  Failed process was running:
> SELECT DISTINCT badsql.id_code,badsql.id_nr FROM badsql LEFT OUTER JOIN
> newsql on badsql.id_nr = newsql.id_nr  and badsql.vk_ek%2=newsql.ku_vk_ek;

It is going to be hard to say what's wrong without more details, like
a backtrace, or even better a self-contained SQL sequence that makes a
problem reproducible.  14.11 is planned for this week, so you may want
to give it a try and double-check if your problem is going away:
https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
--
Michael

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18457: Possible data loss needs to be evaluated
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18457: Possible data loss needs to be evaluated