Re: WAL log only necessary part of 2PC GID

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: WAL log only necessary part of 2PC GID
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Hi,

I wonder why you define the gidlen as uint32 when it would fit into uint8 which in the current TwoPhaseFileHeader struct should be win of  8 bytes on padding (on 64bit). I think that's something worth considering given that this patch aims to lower the size of the data.

Hi Petr,

That sounds like a good idea; I didn't think about that. I would like to make it uint16 though just in case if we decide to increase GIDSIZE from 200 to something more than 256 (Postgres-XL does that already). That still fits in the same aligned width, on both 32 as well as 64-bit machines. New version attached.

Thanks,
Pavan

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”