Re: archiving question

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: archiving question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 12:06 PM Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:50 AM Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <mailto:Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> wrote:

That has been my initial question.

Is there a way to tune this sequential archive_command log by log copy in case I have tons of logs within the pg_xlog directory?

It will be called one by one, there is no changing that. What you *do* with that command is up to you, so you can certainly tune that. But as soon as your command has returned PostgreSQL wil lhave the "right" to remove the file if it thinks it's time. But you could for example have a daemon that opens a file handle to the file in response to your archive command thereby preventing it from actually being removed, and then archives them in private, in which case the archiving only has to wait for it to acknowledge the process has started, not finished.

There's always a risk involved in returning from archive_command before the file is safely stored on a different machine/storage somewhere. The more async you make it the bigger that risk is, but it increases your ability to parallelize.

От: Pavel Suderevsky
Сообщение: Re: [11.6] WALs recovery ordering with Restore Command - timelines
От: Mladen Marinović
Сообщение: Re: Slow planing...