Re: [HACKERS] [pgsql-www] Schedule for migration to pglister

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [pgsql-www] Schedule for migration to pglister
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I suggest doing that the other way 'round.  Otherwise, the email
>> about the change will inevitably go into a lot of peoples' bit
>> buckets if they haven't adjusted their mail filters yet.

> The argument for doing it after the migration is that the complaints that
> we have received so far have all been from people where email ends up in
> the *inbox* after the migration, not the bitbucket. That's the default
> action in most peoples MUAs when their rules no longer match...

Hm, around here it's no match -> spam bucket.  But in any case, why

I think you're quite uncommon in that setup. For obvious reasons, but I've never heard of anybody other than you doing that :)

would you not want to send it before so that it would end up where
they're accustomed to seeing the list's traffic?

The experience from the pgadmin lists is that a lot of people have the lists filtered into folders that they don't check often (or at all). So they don't notice the migraiton message. But they start noticing once all the list mail shows up in their inbox instead.

It might well be that we end up getting the other half of people when we do it this order, but we definitely at a *lot* of people in that first bucket.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [pgsql-www] Schedule for migration to pglister
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Migration to PGLister