Re: Namespace projects.postgresql.org

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Namespace projects.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 9:35 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Is this proposal also for cleaning up the old gborg and pgfoundry data
> on our file-mirrors (ie: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/) or do
> we want to keep those?

Are those actually just mirrors, or is it likely that they're now the
only accessible copies of that stuff?  I'd be kind of inclined to keep
such data just for archival reasons.  Doesn't mean it has to be easily
accessible of course, and we should make sure it's presented as historical
rather than current projects.

They are no longer being actively updated, no. For gborg there definitely doesn't exist anything else. For pgfoundry I don't know exactly how dead it is. But the last sync was pulled sometime in 2013.

I have now removed the projects.postgresql.org entry from DNS.

I haven't done anything to the FTP entries, since they are as mentioned quite possibly the only copy of some of this stuff.

Perhaps we should drop a README file ínto the pub/projects directory explaining that content in these directories can be expected to be out of date? It won't help people following deep links into it, but at least it might do something?

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Release Notes Archive Patch
От: Filip Rembiałkowski
Сообщение: wiki edit