Re: "0.0" version string in URLs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: "0.0" version string in URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
I happened to be googling for "postgresql 9.4 release notes", and the
first result for me was this link:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/0.0/static/index.html

which apparently works and appears to have the same content as this
URL with a more reasonable version identifier:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/index.html

IMO it's not great that we're propagating "0.0" version-string-URLs,
apparently in some way that Google happily picks up on. Is there a
prominent link to a /0.0/ URL somewhere in the postgresql.org space,
or are we redirecting some pages to a version 0.0?

Wow, I wonder how they got to that one. We certainly *shouldn't* be linking to that anywhere, but 0.0 is the internal one that's used for "devel" docs. But they should always be accessed as /devel/.

I've pushed a fix that gives a 404 on /0.0/. If there is actually a link pointing there, someone will tell us soon :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: "0.0" version string in URLs
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: postgresql.org is returning forbidden