Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Re: Linux Downloads page change
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>
>> So clearly there is something that doesn't work in this process.
>
> It works exactly as it always has. No, I haven't got round to
> automating the pushes yet, largely because I've had 1001 other things
> to do, the vast majority of which will benefit far more users and
> community members in one way or another. I wasn't aware that you
> considered this to be such a high priority item compared to all the
> other tasks I have on my plate.

Given that I don't know what else is on your plate (except for some
tiny parts), that's kind of hard to state. I *have* asked for it for
years...

>> Yeah. I guess you're just not bothering to tag releases anymore? that
>> confused me on that point.
>
> Yes, we tag them. I just forgot that GIT pulls tags automatically, but
> doesn't push them. I've corrected that now.

Ah, that explains it even better.

>> Well, IMNSHO, just being available under an open source license *if
>> asked for*, should be well below where a reasonable bar would be put
>> for this.
>
> Maybe, but that's a different discussion. By your own admission you've
> been well aware that we made the installers available under an OSS
> licence in this way for a long time which implies consent, casual
> discussion about improving the push frequency aside - as is the norm
> in community matters. You certainly haven't nudged me about this, or
> made me aware (until now) that you consider it to be a high priority.

I have said many times that I don't consider it open enough if it's
only published "every now and then". Mainly in discussions about
*other* products, of course, but in this relation as well. And I have
said that it's a problem referring people to a repository that's not
up to date when they ask for how things are built and/or intended to
work.

>> But in treating people the same - I just asked Scottie to make sure
>> that they're not available just when asked for, but all the time. Can
>> you do the same?
>
> Sure, I'll bump it up the list and try to do it today. What do you
> consider more important, this or the CFP?

The cfp, for short term, since it's more time critical. If getting it
done properly is just on your list, that's good enough for me - since
clearly it wasn't on your list earlier, even though I thought it was.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change