Re: domain name change of e-mail address

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: domain name change of e-mail address
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 6:59 AM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
Hi,

I wanna ask 3 questions and hope this is the right place to ask.

(1) My e-mails to hackers are held by moderator even after my registration of my new e-mail address.
My company changed the domain name and after that
my e-mails to hackers are held by moderator for some reason.

So, I registered my new e-mail address in the system,
using both https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/ and
https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/.
Those show me the current e-mail address I have now.
Still, that bad situation doesn't change.
Mines are delivered to the list recipients after it has been approved by a moderator.

I suppose this must be annoying to the administrators of postgres hackers.
Really sorry. How should I fix this one ?

When I look in the logs, I don't see any emails from osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com being stopped for moderation, except for one on the 14th.

However, I also don't see osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com being subscribed to the hackers list. Which exactly is your old and new address?

(2)
Whenever employees of the company I belong to send a message to hackers,
our names are not displayed like other developers in the mailing thread.

Other developer names are displayed like "given name" plus "family name".
But in our cases, just e-mail addresses are shown to others.

Not only in the mailing list but also in the commitfest archive,
our names aren't displayed correctly now. How can I solve this problem ?
I think this is also related to the first question.
It's because this happen at the same time.

This is because of how your mail system is set up. The outgoing email being sent does not have a name on it, just the email address, so that's what the PostgreSQL systems will use at every level. In the headers of this email you sent for example, it has:

With no further details.

So that is something you will need to bring up with your mail system admionistrators.

(3) By the way, could I change username without recreating a new account ?
This question isn't related to above two.
I wanna change my current username. Can I do it ?

Unfortunately no, usernames cannot be changed.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: domain name change of e-mail address
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: domain name change of e-mail address