Re: 9.2beta web issues

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 9.2beta web issues
Дата
Re: 9.2beta web issues
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> In bug #6715, Greg Davidson writes
>> Please also note these infelicities:
>> (1) There's no 9.2beta2 choice in the bug report tool.
>> (2) On the beta announcement web page
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1395/
>> it says that information on how to test and report bugs with the beta are on
>> the web page
>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/
>> but no such information is on that page!

IIRC we don't normally add this, because we don't want to "assign
bugs" to things in beta. Also IIRC, didn't Berkus set up a whole
separate list that people are supposed to report beta bugs on? (no, I
don't agree with that, but that was the intention of pgsql-testers -
and I was voted down at the time).

We can certainly look at changing that policy, but that's the *reason*
why it's not on there at all now...