Re: Winflex docs and distro

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Winflex docs and distro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 2:55 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> >> Which was slightly updated in 0a9ae44288d.
> > It's been touched a couple of times, but not in any material fashion.

> >> Sounds reasonable, are there (easily retrieved) logs/tracking for when it was
> >> accessed by anyone last?
> > Not really. We don't keep logs going very far back. I can see it being
> > accessed a handful of time in the past 14 days. But AFAICT from the
> > limited information we have it's all bots.
> >

> +1 for removing the binary and the reference.

I think we've collected enough +1's, so I'll go ahead and do it.

> These days my setup for MSVC doesn't use msys: it's basically this PS1
> fragment (which assumes chocolatey is installed):
>
>     $utils = 'StrawberryPerl', 'git', 'winflexbison', 'diffutils', 'vim'
>     choco install -y --no-progress --limit-output @utils
>     $cbin = "c:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin"
>     Rename-Item -Path $cbin\win_bison.exe -NewName bison.exe
>     Rename-Item -Path $cbin\win_flex.exe -NewName flex.exe

Perhaps it is, as a separate thing, worth including that in the docs
soemwhere? Or maybe as a script int he sourcetree that is referenced
frot he docs?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?