Re: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:54 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 01/18/2018 04:12 AM, Svensson Peter wrote:
> When I then install  postgis extension in a database it writes a huge
> amount of logs which slow down the server a lot.
> Not only table creation and functions are logged,  even  all inserts in
> spatial_ref_sys are written to the audit-log.
>
> LOG:  AUDIT: SESSION,1,1,DDL,CREATE FUNCTION,,,"
> INSERT INTO ""spatial_ref_sys"" (""srid"",""auth_name"
>
> This behaviour make pgaudit useless in our environment due to the
> overhead in log-file write.

How often do you intend to install PostGIS? Disable pgaudit, install
PostGIS, enable pgaudit?

Would it make sense for pgaudit to, at least by option, not include DDL statements that are generated as "sub-parts" of a CREATE EXTENSION? It should still log the CREATE EXTENSION of course, but not necessarily all the contents of it, since that's actually defined in the extension itself already?

От: Svensson Peter
Сообщение: SV: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
От: Karen Stone
Сообщение: RE: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts