Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive
Дата
Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive
Список pgsql-www

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:08 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 5:26 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2020-10-20 22:02:52 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:02 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 2020-10-20 18:57:00 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > I don't think anybody has, but it certainly would make sense to do so!
> >
> > Cool!
> >

> Thinking some more -- what would be the reasonable thing to put in when
> somebody links to a /flat/ URL? We can't pick up the part after the # to
> indicate the individual email there..

They're also currently excluded from indexing via robots.txt, which I
think also prevents accesses by twitter et al.

Hmm. Good point, I didn't realize that. We might want to consider making exceptions based on user-agent to that I guess. But one thing at a time.

Leaving that aside, how about just including the subject?

Yeah, that probably makes sense.

I've deployed code that does this for the archives. Don't have anything for the docs and news yet, but I'll get to that in not-too-long.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive