Re: Version numbers for binaries

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Version numbers for binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM, deepak <deepak.pn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> We bundle Postgres into a Windows MSI, Postgres built with VS2008.
>
> One of the issues we ran into recently is Windows getting confused with the
> file
> versions of Postgres binaries, confused meaning, it was treating newer
> binaries
> as older, and hence skipping copying certain files during an upgrade.
>
> Looking further, I came across the file where version numbers for some of
> the
> binaries are generated (including pg_ctl.exe), and it used to use 2 digit
> year
> followed by day of year, without any padding.  We need to pad the day of
> year
> with leading zeros to make the version non-decreasing.
>
> I've included a patch below, could this be patched into Postgres?

Thanks, I've applied a change like this (though with the description
mainly in the commit message and not in a code comment, so not using
your patch) for head and backpatched it into the supported branches,
as it's clearly wrong.

For future reference, please post patches to the pgsql-hackers
mailinglist, instead of the pgsql-general, to make sure that it gets
the attention of the developers. It worked this time, but that's
better for next time.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/