Re: ML archives caching 404 results

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: ML archives caching 404 results
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> The default is 4 hours though, which might be a bit of an
>> overkill. But how should would it have to be to deal with the scenario
>> you're outlining?
>
> Ideally it would appear immediately, but something like 10 minutes
> would be a lot less annoying than 4 hours.
>
>>> Another solution would be to somehow shoehorn a cache key into 404 result
>>> pages, but that smells of hack
>> Yeah, that's definitely ugly.  We could do something like "purge all
>> 404's whenever a new email arrives", but that seems quite ugly...
>
> Can we purge by URL from pgarchives like we do in pgweb? We could go
> "simple and stupid" and just purge /message-id/.../ on the receipt of
> any message.

We definitely could. Hmm. I guess that would actually work as well -
though that would generate a lot more unnecessary invalidations.
There's also related views that would have to be expired, like /flat/
etc. Going with the shorter expiry is probably easier..

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Marti Raudsepp
Сообщение: Re: ML archives caching 404 results
От: Marti Raudsepp
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] suggestion about SEO on www.postgresql.org/docs